Sunday, October 3, 2010

October

Wow, it's October already!  I love Fall because of the cooler weather and because of the smell of the changing leaves!  Yes, I'm weird like that!  Fall really makes me concentrate more on my crafting.  Sometimes the weather has me holed in so, what better thing for me to do than to be on the internet and craft!  lol 

Fall makes me think of Halloween.  Halloween by far is my favorite Holiday!  When I think of crafting around this time of year I think of all of the beautiful fall colors.  What can I make?  I like making wreaths.  I think no home is complete without a wreath to hang on their front door.  Yesterday my Mom and I attended a Flea Market held at Mac-A-Doos in Hilliard.  We had a lot of florals from back in the day when I used to make wreaths and baskets to sell at craft shows.  So, going through these flowers and picks brought back the Holiday nostalgia.  I want to make a few wreaths to give away as gifts.  I told my Mom we may even want to make a few to try and sell.  I say Try because usually at craft shows they don't do well.  I think we price our items very well (meaning very affordable - most of our items we don't even make profits off of) and people still want to talk you down out of your prices.  {I may make a post about this and go into a lot more detail later.}  But as crafts to trade as gifts, maybe I would fare much better. 

Fall also makes me think of Pumpkins and all the neat designs I see people come up with.  I'm a crafter but I'm not a pumpkin carver so I opt for the pre-made lighted ones I can put on my porch around the holidays! I also like to incorporate Pumpkins into the Fall theme.  You can use a pumpkin for Halloween and Thanksgiving.  If you're like me and just like the colors, sometimes I leave them up well into Christmas!  Yes, people think I'm weird because right now at this very minute, I still have a couple of Christmas decorations up that I left up just because I love the looks of them.  Conformity does not make a Crafter!

Feel free to share your Fall and Winter decorating ideas or even craft ideas!  Let me know about your favorite Holiday and what you like to do for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment